Welcome home! Is there a phrase that invokes more warmth and anticipation than that? Think about the last trip you took and how eager you were to return home. There is nothing like the warmth of being in your own home.
This weekend, Aldersgate says, “Welcome home!”
We miss you and want to see all of you! For some, that will mean returning to worship in the church building for the first time in ten weeks. If you are ready to return to the building, please know that your safety is our top priority. We are doing everything we can to stay within the social distancing guidelines provided to us by state and local authorities.
For others, it is not yet time and you will continue to worship online in the comfort of your own home. If you are not ready to return to the building, please know we will continue to provide an online experience on our website, YouTube channel, and Facebook Live. We are so glad you are connecting with us online.
For those who are planning on joining us in the Worship Center, here are a few guidelines we will be following. Thank you in advance for your patience, flexibility, and sacrifice as we navigate the social distancing plans.
- Doors to the Worship Center will open 10 minutes prior to the start of the service.
- We will sit every other row in the Worship Center and two seats must be empty between each group sitting together.
- You must sit with those you come to church with.
- Face masks are welcome but are not required.
- Each person must use hand sanitizer (provided) prior to entering the Worship Center.
- Our host team will smile at you but will not be able to shake your hand, hug you, or give you a high five (please do not think they are being rude).
- No childcare or children’s worship will be available but kid’s activity bags will be available.
- Don’t stress about having your kids with you…we love having your kids with us! And if you feel the need to take them out of the Worship Center you can continue to view the service in the Connections Lounge.
- Speaking of the Connections Lounge, we will not be serving coffee, water, or soda but feel free to bring your own.
- Before and after each worship experience, the Worship Center, seating, and all high-touch surfaces will be disinfected. We will only allow people in the area after that procedure is complete.
- We will be continually wiping down surfaces in the restrooms and other high-touch surface areas.
- We will not distribute any bulletins, connect cards, or other printed materials. All information is available online.
- After each service, we will dismiss by section and row.
We can’t wait to gather with you this Sunday whether it be in person or online. It will be a great time of worship, prayer, and a message titled: “Welcome Home: But Don’t Get Too Comfortable.” See you then!